Apple Brown Sugar Syrup is a 3 ingredients simple syrup for coffees and lattes that can be made in less than 5 minutes! Easy and delicious, this is a recipe you'll want to have in your book for cozy days.
I have a collection of coffee simple syrups for you! Looking for something unique? Earl grey simple syrup has the perfect balance between tea and citrus, and is a great call for sweetening cold brews!
☕Why make this syrup
This recipe is a Starbucks Apple Brown Sugar Syrup Copycat you can make for less with pantry staples! Making a homemade apple crisp macchiato will be easy peasy with this syrup.
- It costs way less and tastes way better than the ones you buy;
- It's delicious for a milk shaken espresso, like my brown sugar syrup;
- You can make the simple syrup version for mixing into coffee and drinks, or a thicker one for drizzling on top of drinks (and pancakes!);
- It’s the quickest apple syrup recipe you’ll find!
This syrup is a seasonal item at Starbucks, but following this recipe, you can have it all year long!
This sugar syrup takes only 3 ingredients:
- Apple juice;
- Brown sugar (you can use light or dark brown sugar); and
- Ground cinnamon.
After testing this syrup with both juice and a combination of apple flavoring and water, I found that using apple juice makes this recipe taste way better than using the second.
🥛How to make it
Making this simple syrup for coffee:
Step 01. In a microwave safe bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and apple juice.
Step 02. Microwave using high potency for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
Step 03. Whisk to combine the cinnamon if needed.
Step 04. You can use it right away! Wait for it to cool before storing in a jar/container with a lid.
For the drizzling version of this syrup:
Step 01. In a saucepan, mix all ingredients, and let it simmer from 10 to 15 minutes over lower heat.
Step 02. Wait for it to cool before storing in a jar/container with a lid.
You can make this recipe using apple cider. It will taste slightly less sweet, and it might only be good for one week, as apple cider is more perishable than apple juice.
When making the drizzling version, avoid stirring frequently, so the sugar doesn’t caramelize.
🙋🏻♀️Questions you might have
Yes. This recipe keeps refrigerated for up to a month, and can be made in advance.
Yes, this syrup should be kept in the fridge for a longer expiration date.
Yes, you can freeze any leftover apple syrup. Do it using an ice tray. After frozen, remove from the ice tray and store in a freezer safe bag to avoid any off flavor.
Yes, this syrup is vegan.
🧋What to serve with this syrup
For the drizzling apple syrup, I have the perfect recipes for you to try on:
If you tried this Apple Brown Sugar Syrup Recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the comments below!
Apple Brown Sugar Syrup (Starbucks Copycat)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and apple juice.
- Microwave using high potency for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Whisk to combine the cinnamon if needed.
- You can use it right away! Wait for it to cool before storing in a jar/container with a lid.
- In a saucepan, mix all ingredients, and let it simmer from 10 to 15 minutes over lower heat.
- Wait for it to cool before storing in a jar/container with a lid. Keep refrigerated.