A chocolate chip cookie that is tasty but super quick to make: that's the dream, right? Are you tired of waiting hours for a homemade cookie? Do you need a more straightforward cookie recipe?
What if I told you there’s a quick and easy way to make cookies?
What I’m about to share with you is my secret choc chip cookie recipe, so you can have a no-flat, chewy and really flavorful cookie in only 30 minutes. Stay with me, and by the end you’ll know a super quick and easy way to make the most amazing chocolate chip cookies ever!
This recipe is for you if:
- You have less than half an hour to put together an amazing cookie;
- You’re a cookie addict;
- Your kids want to bake with you;
- You’re searching for a recipe you can adapt with any flavor you want.
How to make the best chocolate chip cookies ever from scratch
Can I say this is the easiest chocolate chip cookie recipe in the world? But wait, I’m not only gonna say it, I’ll show you how easy these cookies really are!
No, I won’t ask for you to soften your butter or get to room temperature any ingredient (quick note: this is an eggless cookie recipe!) - get them straight from your fridge if you wish. Here, cookies will turn out great with or without cold butter.
For this recipe, you’ll need to whisk together all the dry ingredients, then add the margarine and the butter - yes, this cookie is made with both butter and margarine, and yes, it still tastes great, trust me! You’ll do these two steps in five minutes, and the best part: you don’t need a mixer. I put the dough together with my hands only - just make sure to wash them really well before starting.
At first, it will look like this dough will never come together: it will start very crumbly, in fact it will look like a crumble top. Keep mixing everything and after less than five minutes you’ll end up with a perfect cookie dough.
Secret ingredient for my quick cookies
Ok, you may be thinking I’m promissing too much here. Only 5 minutes to make a cookie dough, margarine, no chilling time, no eggs, there must be some secret ingredient that makes this recipe taste amazing.
Well, there is. Have you heard about powdered milk? Yeah, this stuff is like the MSG of baking: one spoonful and everything tastes better!
How to bake them
This recipe is so quick to put together you’ll need to preheat your oven before starting the dough. So go, preheat it to 350°F and come back here.
I know that, for someone who is starting to bake, a simple cookie can be really difficult to get it done, and that’s why I chose this recipe. I have a butter-only cookie recipe, but it took me some tries to get it right, and it was so enervating when a whole batch turned out paper-flat! Oh, I can still remember the frustration. I just wanted a thick cookie, what’s the matter with this recipe/oven/cookie??
In mine, thanks to the margarine, you choose the thickness of your cookie, and I absolutely love this part. They will spread a little, but far less than a butter-only cookie. Get a spoonful of cookie dough and shape it like a ball. Here you can use a spoon, a cookie scoop or even your hands.
Put the dough over a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, leaving some space between them.
For how long should I bake my cookies?
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they’re sightly golden on the edges. Just remember that they should not get golden on the top. Don’t bake for more than 15 minutes!
The cookies will come out of the oven veeeeery soft, it will look like they’re underbaked, but they’re not! Let them cool for 5 minutes on the sheet pan, then transfer all the cookies to a cooling rack with the help of a spatula and wait 5 more for them to set.
Why this cookie recipe can become your next favourite
So, this choco chip cookie is easy, fast, and full of yumminess, with chewy edges and a soft, perfect centre. What more can you possibly want? Different cookie flavours, of course!
- Make this cookie without brown sugar: add 1 cup of white sugar instead of ½ white sugar, ½ brown sugar. The final result will be less chewy.
- Make it double chocolate: while measuring the last all-purpose flour cup, lessen it by 3 tablespoons. Add 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Try also substituting chocolate chips for chunks of your favorite chocolate.
- Make it white chocolate heaven: substitute chocolate chips for white chocolate chips, and add ¼ cup of sliced almonds if desired.
- Put some coconut on it: add ¼ coconut slices/chips.
About my Chocolate Chip Cookies
How long do they keep?
They’re good for about a month, if kept at room temperature, into an airtight container. Doubt they will last that long.
Can I freeze the cookie dough?
Yes, you can! I do it sometimes, cause it’s great to have some cookie dough ready to be baked: I can easily have enough for 1 serving this way. Freeze them already in the shape/thikness you want, cause frozen, they spread even less. Don’t forget to put them into a sealed plastic bag, pushing the air out before sealing. In my freezer, this never lasts more than 1 month.
Can I use shortening?
Never tried with shortening, better stick with margarine for this recipe.
How many cookies I’ll get with this recipe?
About 24 small-to-medium-sized chocolate chip cookies. I think that’s enough for serving 4 hungry people - if everyone is ok with only 6 cookies each. If you want a small batch, just make half the recipe - or bake as much as you want and freeze the unbaked dough.
Ready to bake the easiest, quickest and yummier cookie ever? Gather your ingredients and a glass of milk and get ready to enjoy your new favorite cookie recipe!
Oh, if you’ve tried my quick chocolate chip cookies recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! Are you looking for more amazing cookie recipes? Try my coconut crack cookies: I dare you to stop eating them! If you're into chocolate, this double chocolate cookie may be the perfect fit for you!
No Chill Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup powdered milk
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup 1 stick margarine
- ½ cup 1 stick butter
- ½ chocolate chips - or more if desired
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients but the chocolate chips and whisk until homogeneous.
- Using a stand mixer, a pastry cutter or your hands, combine the butter and margarine into the dry mixture, until well mixed. It should look a bit crumbly, but it should come together if pressed with your hands.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, a spoon or your hands, make small balls and flat them before placing into a cookie sheet.
- Bake for over 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies look light golden on the edges. Careful not to over-bake.
- Let the cookies rest on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
- Keep them in an airtight container after cooled.