Chocolate Cream Cold Brew is a delicious Starbucks copycat to have your caffeine fix during summer! With a delicious combination of chocolate, cream and coffee, this recipe is super easy to make and comes out perfect every time.
Looking for more Starbucks inspired recipes? You won't regret trying this quick apple brow sugar syrup: you can make it in less than 5 minutes! Want something to have along with your caffeine? This Italian Paradise Cake is my favorite cake to have with my coffee!
🥛What is a Chocolate Cream Cold Brew?
In May 2022, Starbucks announced a new drink in the menu, specially developed for the summer. Starbucks Chocolate Cream Cold Brew is a cold brew coffee, sweetened with vanilla syrup, and topped with a silky, chocolaty cream cold foam.
This chocolate cream cold foam is similar to the vanilla version used in the Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew. In this recipe, you can choose between making it with chocolate malt powder (like on the Shaken Almond Milk) or chocolate powder, for those who prefer the drink without a malty flavor.
🧋Why make this recipe
Chocolate Cream Cold Brew is a classic combination of chocolate and coffee, and the foam brings the memory of chocolate malted milkshake.
This recipe is perfect:
Chocolate Cream Cold Brew is made with easy-to-find ingredientes, so you can have your version of this Starbucks summer drink with little effort. All you need is:
- Cold brew coffee: you can use Starbucks cold brew, or you can make your own cold brew coffee. Is the liquid base of this recipe.
- Vanilla syrup: again, you can make your own vanilla syrup, or use store bought.
- Chocolate cold foam: made combining heavy cream, milk and malted chocolate powder.
What is cold foam?
Cold foam is a cold, rich and creamy frothed mixture of milk and heavy cream. Flavors can be added to cold foam. This recipe, for example, uses malted chocolate powder to flavor it.
📝How to make it
Step 1. Fill half a glass with ice cubes.
Step 2. Add the vanilla syrup.
Step 3. Pour the cold brew until ¾ of the glass is full and stir to combine.
Step 4. In a french press, add heavy cream, milk and malted chocolate powder.
Step 5. Place the lid and move the plunger up and down, until the mixture doubles in volume.
Step 6. Pour chocolate cold foam over the cold brew. Serve immediately.
🤷🏻♀️Questions you might have
Yes, you can! Use a milk frother or a whisk to make the cold foam.
I don't recommend making it in advance. If you make it ahead of time, it won't keep the right consistency.
Chocolate Cream Cold Brew is sweet, but not as sweet as a Frappuccino. I does have sugar, but when making at home, you can always add more or less (or even omit it completely).
- Substitute vanilla syrup for your favorite syrup. That way, you can customize your drink. I love adding brown sugar syrup, and you can also try making it with Earl Grey simple syrup.
- Double the amount of syrup if you're looking for a sweeter version. You can also use a coconut sugar syrup to sweeten this drink if trying to avoid table sugar.
- Want to make this drink creamier? Add a splash of milk to cold brew coffee. Oat milk is a perfect fit.
- If using french press and doubling or tripling the recipe, remember to not overfill it. Fill only till halfway, as the mixture will double as it froths.
🧋More Starbucks Copycats
If you tried this Chocolate Cream Cold Brew Recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the comments below!
Chocolate Cream Cold Brew
- ¾ cup cold brew
- 1 tablespoon vanilla syrup
- ice cubes
- 4 tablespoon heavy cream
- 4 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon malted chocolate powder
- Fill half a glass with ice cubes.
- Pour the cold brew until ¾ of the glass is full.
- Add the vanilla syrup and stir to combine.
- In a french press, add heavy cream, milk and malted chocolate powder.
- Place the lid and move the plunger up and down, until the mixture doubles in volume.
- Top the cold brew with the chocolate cold foam, and serve it right away.